PAR-Q-Physical activity readiness questionnaire
Regular physical activity is fun and healthy, and increasingly more people are starting to become more active every day. Being more active is very safe for most people. However, some people should check with their doctor before they start becoming much more physically active.
If you are planning to become much more physically active than you are now, start by answering the seven questions in the box below. If you are between the ages of 15 and 69, the PAR-Q will tell you whether you should contact your doctor before you start training.
Common sense is your best guide when you answer these questions. Please read the questions carefully and answer each one honestly: check YES or NO.
If you answered YES to one or more questions:
Talk with your doctor by phone or in person BEFORE you start becoming much more physically active or BEFORE you have a Health and Fitness Consultation. Tell your doctor about the PAR-Q and which questions you answered YES.
If you answered NO honestly to all PAR-Q questions, you can be reasonably sure that you can:
• Start becoming much more physically active – begin slowly and build up gradually. This is the safest and easiest way to go..
• Take part in a Health and Fitness Consultation – this is an excellent way to determine your basic fitness so that we can plan the best way for you to live actively.
DELAY BECOMING MUCH MORE ACTIVE:
If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness such as a cold or a fever, wait until you feel better; or
if you are or may be pregnant, talk to your doctor before you start becoming more active
PLEASE NOTE: If your health changes so that you then answer YES to any of the above questions, tell your personal trainer or health professional and ask whether you should change your physical activity plan.
INFORMED CONSENT- LIABILITY WAIVER *
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activities and programmes of Lottie’s Fitness and to use the facilities and equipment owned and/or under the control of Lottie’s Fitness, in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I do hereby waive, release and forever discharge Lottie’s Fitness from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from my participation in any activities or my use of equipment or facilities in the above mentioned activities.
I understand and I am aware that strength, flexibility and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment, in the outdoors, are potentially hazardous activities. I also understand that exercise and fitness activities involve a risk of injury and even death, and that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and facilities with the knowledge of the dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept all and any risks of injury or death.
I am aware that I have the right to request advice from any staff at Lottie’s Fitness, at any time, in relation to the activities and exercise being undertaken and, but not exclusively, their suitability for me, with particular regard to my health and clothing. If I choose not to take advice, or to disregard any advice so given, I do so voluntarily and accept liability for all resulting injuries or damage.
I do hereby declare myself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease or infirmity or other illness (other than those declared on the attached medical questionnaire) that would prevent my participation or use of equipment or facilities except as herein stated. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and have been given my doctors permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activity and use of equipment and machinery without the approval of my doctor and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilisation of equipment and machinery in my activities.
In addition Lottie’s Fitness cannot accept responsibility for valuables left with the instructors or their vehicles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The Trainer will use her skills and knowledge to design a safe programme of exercise that will take into account your lifestyle, personal goals, fitness levels and medical history.
• The Trainer will provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that you will need to achieve your goals. Applicable for Personal Training only- apart from the initial Health and Fitness Consultation (and the first personal training session if taken immediately afterwards) each personal training session will last 60 minutes (a “Session”).
• Applicable for Personal Training only. You understand that the results of any fitness programme cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and co-operation in and outside of the sessions. In particular you acknowledge that individual results may vary and no particular result is guaranteed by your Trainer.
• All Client information will be kept strictly private and confidential.
• It is understood between you and your Trainer that both must commit to your training programme 100% in order for you to achieve results.
• You are required to arrive on time for each Session so that the Trainer’s full training plan is achieved on each visit.
• You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for all training sessions. Failure to do so will result in personal training sessions being cancelled at full cost and participant not being able to take park in the bootcamp.
• Arriving to a session under the influence of alcohol or any other substance will mean you will not be able to participate in the bootcamp and for personal training the session will be cancelled with no refund.
• You are required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (a “PAR-Q”) before undertaking your first personal training session or bootcamp.
• You are required to complete an Informed Consent form to confirm you understand all training is voluntary.
• Your Trainer may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP. Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter.
• You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to inform the Trainer of any conditions or changes to your health, now and on going, which might affect your ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
• You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If you sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in training, you acknowledge that the Trainer is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by his/her gross negligence or intentional act.
• Your Trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
Payment - Applicable for Personal Training only.
• You are obliged to pay any outstanding invoices before any training takes place. The Trainer has the right to postpone any sessions until payment is received. We will provide you with all the information you need.
• Invoices are due 14 days after issue. The trainer does have the right to reschedule a session should any outstanding payment be due.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS- Applicable for Personal Training only.
• We have this policy in place to ensure bookings are honoured by both parties. If you cancel within 24 hours of your session, you will be charged the full amount. This includes sickness, traffic or any other reasons. If your Trainer has to cancel, you will get a session extra to use at a suitable time
• Once purchased, your Sessions are non-refundable and non transferable. All sessions are valid for 3 months. After which point they cannot be used or refunded.
• Please be prompt with your session times. I take your goals very seriously, and plan for the entire hour. If you are late, the session will finish at the arranged time as planned.
• If the Client is late the Session cannot be extended and will end at the appointed time. Applicable for Personal Training only.
• If the Trainer is late additional time will be added to the Session or to subsequent Sessions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Your Trainer has completed and holds a current certificate for emergency first aid at work approved by the Health and Safety Executive as well as being associated with REPS the governing fitness body.
• Your Trainer has £10 million public liability insurance cover.
• If your Trainer conducts the Sessions on your premises you are responsible for providing a safe exercise environment.